Sunday, August 23, 2015

Hope

Why do we open ourselves up to love after repeatedly getting hurt?

Why do we keep trying, even after we make fools of ourselves over the wrong person?

Hope.
We hope it will be different the next time.
We hope the next person will be different. We hope.
We don't give up; we keep hoping for a better future.

Something, someone gives us a glimmer of hope.

A smile. 
A song.
A meme on facebook.
A word from a friend.

No matter how much the last time hurt, we eventually try again. So, while I tell my girl friends that I'm swearing off men, I don't mean permanently. Just taking a break to give myself time to heal from hurt and reflect on what I learned from this experience.

This time around just reinforced something I previously learned. Unfortunately, I had to relearn, reinforce it, the hard, painful way. I have a big, loving heart that keeps hoping.

I'm not going to give up on love. It is still worth hoping for.

No comments:

Post a Comment