Sunday, January 13, 2019

I am Beloved

I've been going through something difficult. I'm trying really hard to not let it get me down. Trying to not focus on it and let worry drag me down.

It's not easy. Just going grocery shopping was hard because I'm carrying so much tension in my body this weekend. I haven't been able to fully let go of this thing,,too stop worrying about it.

I sat in the Hy-Vee parking lot just now crying and using my tools, my skills, to process my feelings. I came to the conclusion that it's just hard right now. But I won't let this situation define me. "This defines me," I said to myself as I rubbed my arm over my tattoo.

And then I sang this childhood song to myself, "I am my Beloved's and He is mine..."

I'm not going to let this situation define me. I will let it refine me. I will go through this hard thing and come out better and stronger than before. This is the hard way, but I'm not going through it alone. My Beloved is with me, and I am His.

This grown up version of my childhood song of comfort:
https://youtu.be/qxPpOZXNL-w

No comments:

Post a Comment