Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Day One

Well, I didn't do yoga this morning, or yesterday. Yesterday I skipped because my flight had gotten in so late the night before I needed every previous minute for sleeping before work. Today I just forgot to set the alarm. (In fact, when I woke up I was afraid I'd slept in till yesterday's late alarm!)

Not an auspicious start for my new intentions and plan to reach my whys.

After school today I spent some time lesson planning, which brought up a whole 'nother project that kept me busy till well after I'd planned to leave. As I turned off my computer I thought, "so much for working out tonight. I have so many other things to do when I get home."

But as I stood up and put my coat on, I remembered to ask myself, "will this decision help me have the freedom to live with abundant joy and energy?"

The quick answer is no, so I mentally pushed back everything else on my "do at home list" and put "do intervals on the elliptical for 25 minutes" at the top of the list.

When I got home, I almost got sidetracked with playing on my phone. Almost. But then I remembered, "will this decision help me have the freedom to live with abundant joy and energy?" I put my phone down, got my workout clothes on, then headed to the fitness center.

And in just the first few minutes I started feeling glad I'd taken the time to put my health first. And a minute after that, I'd already forgotten the rest of the to do list and just enjoyed moving my body on the path to freedom.

Tomorrow, my alarm is set to start my day with yoga! Now, back to the rest of the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment