Saturday, February 16, 2019

Week Eight Intentions

Last week, I felt so much better than I have in a while. I was sleeping better, doing yoga every morning before work, I hit the weights twice (which is my goal), and did interval training on the elliptical almost every day. My food choices were a lot better, too, and by the end of the week, my gut was the happiest it's been in months! Which made me happy, too. Most importantly, I was spending time on my bible study every day, which is good for my spirit. And, the cherry on top was making time for my weekly dance lesson.
No, my week wasn't perfect. A guy I've had a couple dates with decided he wasn't interested in seeing me again (his loss, because I'm a great catch), and I got an ugly email at work. I didn't let either ruin my days.
This coming week, I intend to keep doing the things that make my body and soul happy, which then makes me a better teacher:
- leave work at work
- spend time regularly in Bible study & prayer
- yoga every weekday morning & HIIT every school night
- weights twice a week
- home cooked meals
- drinking plenty of water
- go to dance lesson
... And maybe I'll eventually clean my bathroom.
Hey, it's about progress not perfection, as Lysa TerKeurst writes in a couple of her books!

No comments:

Post a Comment