Sunday, April 27, 2014

Celebrating Victories - BIG and small

Last night I went salsa dancing. I've been taking lessons for about five weeks now. Usually, after a night of dancing, my feet are killing me (salsa shoes are meant to fit snugly and I'm not used to wearing heals) and my thighs are sore. Celebrating the fact that I made it the whole night without any foot pain, blisters, or needing a major massage at the end of the night! And today I'm celebrating that my legs aren't as sore as usual; I can "feel" that my leg muscles were active yesterday (I also did a 4.5 mile hilly walk yesterday morning on top of salsa dancing that night).

It feels great to move my body in new ways! Victory!!!

Today's other victory happened as I was getting ready to go to my salsa lesson. I put on my skinny jeans, the jeans that are not only skinny legs but the smaller size I bought a few weeks ago, and discovered that they fit a little looser than before. AND, as if that's not enough, when I put my belt on, which was a little uncomfortable on the first hole, I can now comfortably buckle on the second hole!

I feel good AND I look good! Victory!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment