Sunday, September 28, 2014

(Sub)Urban Hiker Girl Sets Out

My favorite kind of flower grows wild here!
Urban Hiker Girl set out today on a suburban walk. It was a beautiful fall day and I just couldn't stand sitting around indoors all day, so I put on shorts and a long sleeved t-shirt, tied on my tennis shoes, grabbed my headphones, turned on my GPS to map my walk and set out. 


Along the way I sang along to the music, saw some beautiful sights, and did some thinking. 
Not a lot, but just a little.


I thought about how flat it is here. No hills, so the walk was pretty mild compared to my urban hikes in Seattle.


And I thought about how absolutely beautiful it is here, but in a different way from Seattle. I can't say that I have a favorite, but I am so grateful for my home here.


And I thought about what a beautiful day it was and what a beautiful sunset we will have.


I love my new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment