Sunday, March 22, 2015

Spring Closet Cleaning

Too frumpy!
I got up Saturday morning with no alarm clock. I planned to go to the fitness center first thing, but somehow or other got sidetracked by my two storage tubs of old clothes.

Saving for a wacky dress-up day
at school.
I'm not really sure why I stopped to look for something in them, but I started to pull things out one at a time to try on. Of course, that meant I had to change back out of my work out clothes into regular undergarments to see what would work and what wouldn't.

It was like a trip down memory lane as I found pieces I hadn't worn since my first few years of teaching in North Carolina. From a younger and even thinner me.

Loved this outfit!
I pulled on each top or pair of pants, eager to see them fit again and planning of when I would wear them. But ten years later, my body has changed, styles have changed, I have changed. And so, of the two large tubs of clothes that I went through, I only kept about 6 pieces of clothing. The rest is going to Goodwill. (Hello, tax deductions for 2015!)
Fun tops for dressing up.





Look at all the clothes!

Great legs, but the skort must go!

The clothes heading to Goodwill!

No comments:

Post a Comment