Monday, September 28, 2015

Tough Choices

I don't want to be an adult today. I want to ignore responsibilities and go have fun. But no, I'm being an adult and taking care of myself.

I WANT to be at the Styx and Def Leppard concert with my friends, staying out late, and celebrating someone's birthday with cupcakes.

Instead, I am adulting. I'm CHOOSING what is right and necessary over what is fun. I'm choosing to go to the gym, eat a healthy dinner, grade papers, and go to bed early.

Being an adult stinks today.

But I'm listening to my body and I know I won't regret that. Taking care of myself always makes my body feel good.

Cinders checking things out.
I reread a meme from a previous blog post about choosing what is right vs easy (see "Patience"). I'm choosing what is right even though it's hard and not fun.

And guess what sweet surprise just walked through the door?! My roommate brought me a bouquet of my favorite flowers because she knew I was stressed out about everything going on this week; she wanted to cheer me up. I have an awesome roommate!

Maybe this adulting thing won't be so bad.... I'm off to the gym now.

No comments:

Post a Comment