Monday, April 15, 2019

My Adam

(An open letter to God)

I'm so tired of being alone. I want a partner to lean on. Someone to support me and give me strength when I'm tired. To listen to my hurts and be there with me through them.

I want to be able to be there for someone. To be his encourager and supporter. His safe place to come home to at the end of a day's work. Someone to give my love to and who gives his love to me.

I'm realizing that other things, like his job and education level don't matter to me quite so much. What matters more is if he's a good, honest man. Does he work hard? Does he care for me and protect me - emotionally and physically? Can we laugh together? Cry together? Serve together? Does he love You, too?

I'm just tired of being alone, God. Where is MY helper? MY partner?

When you created Adam, you said it's not good for man to be alone, so you created Eve for him. Who did you create me for? Who did you create for me?

I'm tired, God. And I'm lonely. Where is MY Adam?

No comments:

Post a Comment