Thursday, July 10, 2014

Walked 4.7 Miles for Tape

Tuesday, while packing boxes, I ran out of packing tape. Usually we have several spare rolls because my mom likes to send little goodies in the mail to my niece and nephew, but after a quick search I found none. No tape. Fortunately, it was close to dinner time so it was a good time to call it quits.

I had planned to stop at the Uhaul store on my way to dinner and Bible study on Tuesday evening, but in my excitement to get there early (or on-time, as opposed to having been late the last month) I completely forgot, and, of course, everything was closed on my way home at 9:00pm. So, Wednesday morning as I got up and did my upper body weight training exercises I planned my walking route to include a trip to the store for tape and the grocery store for lunch.

Both the tape store and grocery store are about 1 mile due south of my home. I wanted to get more than a 2 mile walk in, so, strapping on my backpack to carry home my supplies in, I headed out. I walked west, then south/southeast to arrive at the stores. I picked up six rolls of tape (not gonna run out again, baby!) and a salad, yogurt, and banana for my lunch and afternoon snack. I was feeling good and ready to go.

When I got home I thought that I'd may be walked about 4 miles, but upon checking my GPS tracker it said I had walked 4.7 miles. I walked 4.7 miles to get tape for packing boxes. Go me! I felt great and I could enjoy frozen yogurt with my friend Lisa that night without feeling guilty that I might go over my calorie goal for the day. (In fact, I counted 1 cup of frozen yogurt, 2 T of hot fudge, and a scoop of peanut butter cup pieces and I was still under my calorie goal for the day. That was pretty exciting, too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment