Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Week Ten Intentions

Oops! The weekend got away with me. But I did think about my intention. And I thought about writing them on Sunday night as I was in the shower getting ready for bed. It just didn't happen.

But today I'm forcing myself to have a hard stop. I am canceling everything that's on my usual to-do list for tonight and resting. I've had a health issue that has forced me to look at my busy schedule and even though everything on my schedule is good, I need to rest. So tonight is a night of four stressed as I listen to my body.

So now I have time to write down and share my intentions for this week. Last week was a good, but hard week sticking with my intentions. I did a really good job following through with my plans, but it was hard at times. But when I did my weekly weigh-in I saw the fruit of that labor. So this week I intend to keep doing it.

This week I intend to continue to stick with my meal plan, and stick to the exercise plan. My trainer and I have worked out. ... except for tonight. And I believe my trainer would agree.

Today is shrove Tuesday, or Mardi Gras as many may know it. It's the day before Ash Wednesday where Christians historically practice fasting and abstaining from vices. So the night before Ash Wednesday many Christians, and now non Christians alike, enjoy a night of indulgence. In fact, if you live in New Orleans, schools are closed for this whole week of debauchery. At school (work) today, staff brought in treats and sweets to snack on throughout the day in the teacher's conference room. I passed by there so many times and was curious about what was in there. And some of the food did smell very good and I thought maybe I'll just have a little one. But I remembered results of my hard work from last week and thought about the goals that I have in mind for this week. It made it easy(er) to abstain. I'm already in my period of fasting. I will indulge later.

No comments:

Post a Comment