Friday, June 20, 2014

Back In The Saddle Again

A congratulatory kiss after he swore in to the Navy
on June 19, 2014 at the Seattle MEPS building.
For the last week I put some things on the back burner. I relaxed a bit on my eating plan, didn't walk several
miles a day as usual, and didn't do my stretching or weight training. It was a choice I made so that I could focus on my boyfriend during our final days together before he shipped out to boot camp. I wouldn't change putting him first, thought I might have indulged in a bit fewer carbs if I had it to do over again.

But today I am back to putting my eating, walking, stretching, and weight training in focus. Sort of.

I chose to walk the mile to work and back home again at the end of the day. I chose to eat a salad for lunch, and yogurt and fruit for snacks. I chose my usual breakfast, and I chose an omelet for dinner. I also chose to eat four brownies with cream cheese frosting. Getting back in the saddle again is hard.

But I faced the hard truth and logged my food. Including the two one-mile walks that I took today, I was over by about 600 calories today. Since there was still plenty of daylight left I grabbed my headphones and took myself for a long walk.  I wandered all over Capitol Hill crossing streets in whatever direction the light was going. I ended up walking just over 3 miles in about an hour (my tracker didn't pick up the GPS signal until I was several blocks in to my walk).

I ended the day feeling better from my walk and exercise and proud of most of my choices. Tomorrow, my goals are:
1. Sleep in.
2. Make good food choices- no carbs and fewer sweets.
3. Walk at least 3 miles.
4. Stretch and do weight training.
5. Start working on a plan for my move to Utah.
6. Clean/tidy up my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment