Saturday, June 21, 2014

Brownies for Breakfast

Ok, so getting back in the saddle again was a little harder than I had anticipated.

I'm still dealing with a great deal of stress so I let myself sleep in a little later than usual, but not too much later. I'm dog-sitting and the dog is on a schedule so I had to get up to let her out to toilet. What did when I got up to take her out? I ate a brownie. Then I took her out. And what did I do after bringing her back in? I ate another brownie.

Hmmm....definitely not part of the plan for the day. I went back to bed to sleep it off. I dozed for a while longer before deciding to read in bed and do some writing. I started feeling better and found some motivation to get up and go for a walk. That was part of the plan for the day.

I brushed the bed head out of my hair (sort of) and put it in a half pony tail, put on my workout clothes and tennis shoes, and headed out the door. I walked 3.25 miles and felt great afterwards!

I listened to my body and what it needed, at least for the rest of the day. All in all, the day ended well. Things are looking better and tomorrow is another day to get back up and ride again. Giddy up!

No comments:

Post a Comment